This year my patients made ornaments during the Christmas week. Goals targeted short-term recall (working memory), complex auditory comprehension, and multi-step sequencing.
Patients requested their favorite Christmas carols as we put together this fun craft!
- Green paint
- Popsicle sticks
- Paint brushes
- Plastic paint trays
- Star stickers (can be found at Hobby Lobby or other craft stores)
- Paper towels (for clean up)
Steps can be written out as cues, or use a model for patients to copy.
- Use the green paint to paint 3 Popsicle sticks front and back
- Once dry, glue the corners of the sticks to create a triangle as the outline of the Christmas tree.
- Glue buttons for ornaments on the Popsicle sticks.
- Place the star sticker at the top as the tree topper.
- Tie a string through middle for hanging.
Brittany Stanford, M.A., CCC-SLP
“She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus,
for he will save his people from their sins.”